- Posted by admin
- On 06/04/2018
Protomation BV, based in Sittard, The Netherlands is a leading company in the development and licensing of state of the art simulation software and simulation models for the processing industries. Since its inception Protomation’s Operator Training Software have remained at the forefront as a result of own developments. In this capacity, we developed a comprehensive software suite to develop Operator Training Simulators and the deployment of operator training curriculum: Process Studio. Our main market is the processing industries are Oil- and Gas, (Petro)Chemicals, Plastics, Specialties and Food all over the world.
Due the fact that the demand for Operator Training Simulators is worldwide expanding Protomation is looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people.
Currently we have a vacancy for the position of LEAD ENGINEER
The Lead Engineer will, in close cooperation with the Manager Projects, make sure that all technical aspects of projects are carried out within frameworks such as costs, time and specifications.
Place in the organization
The Lead Engineer reports to the Manager Projects of Protomation BV.
Leads the projects that are under his responsibility. Is responsible for realizing all aspects of the projects within the budgeted costs, time and specifications.
In close cooperation with the Project Manager he manages and coordinates all required resources (both internal as external resources) for the execution of his projects.
- Manages the projects that are under his responsibility. Is responsible for realizing all technical aspects of the projects within the budgeted costs, time and quality.
- In close cooperation with the Manager Projects the Lead Engineer manages and coordinates all required resources (both internal as external resources) for the execution of his projects.
- Coordinates all project-related technical aspects and activities between the miscellaneous engineering disciplines.
- Carries out a part of the engineering activities for his projects, whenever required, including model engineering and application engineering.
- Reports the project results to the Manager Projects & Managing Director.
- Heads the kick-off meeting.
- Organizes and leads the project progress meetings.
- Communicates and agrees all scope changes with the client. In case these scope changes have a financial impact on the project, the Lead Engineer communicates and agrees them internally with the Manager Projects and the Marketing & Sales Manager.
- Performs detailed tests before the start of the FAT (factory acceptance test) and SAT (site acceptance test). The Lead Engineer is responsible for the final successful delivery of his projects to the client.
- Initiates and participates meetings with client abroad (such as Kickoff Meeting, SAT and training).
- B.Sc (+) / M.Sc / M.Eng: preferable Chemical Engineering.
- Relevant working experience in the process engineering as well as experience / affinity with simulation modeling.
- Good language skills: English language (and preferable German language).
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to learn the Dutch language (Level 1 NT2-program).
To apply for this position, send your resume with cover letter to:
Attention: Mr. L.T.A.M. Rams
6136 KV Sittard
Or send your letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org